HOLY TOLEDO, BATMAN!
Hawkeye Bicycle Association
Toledo Overnight Ride
July 8-9, 2017
Join in HBA’s weekend overnight ride to Toledo, Iowa. The route is from Hiawatha, Iowa to Toledo, Iowa. The route is relatively flat and is approximately 62 miles (detours may extend this) each way.
- Starts Saturday July 8, at 7:00 AM, in Hiawatha, IA, at Cedar Valley Nature Trail Parking Lot on Boyson Rd. Returns Sunday July 9th
- Overnight parking for vehicles is available at the starting point.
- Overnight accommodations are available at the Super 8 Motel and Designer Inn & Suites, both in Toledo.
- Rooms (12) have been blocked at the Super 8 Motel under HBA; Bill Cumings/Hawkeye bike. Phone: (641) 484-5888, price discounted for HBA riders. Hotel has microwave, coffee & frig in each room. Free breakfast from 6-9 AM and a Jacuzzi.
SUPER 8 TOLEDO
207 Hwy 30 W, Toledo, IA 52342 US
- Another option is Designer Inn & Suites, Phone (641) 484-5678. They have “Fantast Suites”, if that interests you. This is several doors from the Super 8. Rooms have not been blocked here.
- Make your own reservations at either motel.
- Sag service will be provided by HBA.
- Gear will be hauled to and from Toledo by HBA.
- The Saturday evening meal is on your own. Several restaurants are within easy walking distance of the motels.
- Three rest stops (each way) with fruit, sandwiches, drinks, and snacks provided by HBA.
- The following towns along the route have some sort of Convenience Store: Atkins, Newhall, and Van Horne.
- Registration is due NO LATER than July 1st
- Helmets are required to be worn by all riders.
- If needed, contact Mark Dimke for a printed registration form.
- A completed application and $30.00 fee is required of all riders, to cover costs of sag and rest stops.
- The form and fee is due no later than July 1st.
- Apply online or Mail application form and fee to:
4519 Oak Creek Court NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411
- Checks shall be made out to Hawkeye Bicycle Association.
- Questions: Call Mark Dimke @ 716-307-7637 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This ride is open for public participation. This is a good opportunity to get tuned up for RAGBRAI.