Person Senior High School
Class Of 1988
Do You Remember These?
|Top Songs for 1988|
Top 40 Chart List - 1988
1. Faith - George Michael
2. Need You Tonight - INXS
3. Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison
4. Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
5. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
6. So Emotional - Whitney Houston
7. Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle
8. Could've Been - Tiffany
9. Hands To Heaven - Breathe
10. Roll With It - Steve Winwood
11. One More Try - George Michael
12. Wishing Well - Terence Trent d'Arby
13. Anything For You - Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine
14. The Flame - Cheap Trick
15. Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car - Billy Ocean
16. Seasons Change - Expose
17. Is This Love - Whitesnake
18. Wild Wild West - Escape Club
19. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
20. I'll Always Love You - Taylor Dayne
21. Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
22. Shake Your Love - Debbie Gibson
23. Simply Irresistible - Robert Palmer
24. Hold On To The Nights - Richard Marx
25. Hungry Eyes - Eric Carnen
26. Shattered Dreams - Johnny Hates Jazz
27. Father Figure - George Michael
28. Naught Girls (Need Love Too) - Samantha Fox
29. A Groovy Kind Of Love - Phil Collins
30. Love Bites - Def Leppard
31. Endless Summer Nights - Richard Marx
32. Foolish Beat - Debbie Gibson
33. Where Do Broken Hearts Go - Whitney Houston
34. Angel - Aerosmith
35. Hazy Shade Of Winter - Bangles
36. The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
37. Don't Worry - Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
38. Make Me Lose Control - Eric Carnen
39. Red Red Wine - UB40
40. She's Like The Wind - Patric Swayze
Go ahead. You know you want to sing.
|1988 Prices||US President|
|Milk:||$2.00/gal||US Vice President|
|Car:||$14,065||Academy Award Winners|
I want to go back just to get some gas. Are you serious!!!!
Top Ten Grossing Movies for 1988
|Who Framed Roger Rabbit|
|Coming to America|
|Crocodile Dundee II|
|The Naked Gun:
From the Files of Police Squad!
|Oliver & Company|
How many of these did you go see back then?
|On TV in 1988|
Awwww Peg, do I gotta?
Other Trivial Facts from 1988
|February 21, 1988||In one of the most memorable moments of the Awesome80s, Jimmy Swaggart tearfully claimed, "I have sinned against you" in a scripted program designed to elicit sympathy from his followers after it is revealed that the TV minister had been hooking up with hookers.|
|February 24, 1988||Jerry Falwell's attempts to win $200,000 from Hustler magazine over a cartoon ended in failure when the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a lower court's judgment on free speech grounds.|
|March 16, 1988||Iran-Contra defendants John Poindexter and Oliver North are indicted on charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States.|
|April 4, 1988||Arizona Governor Evan Mecham is removed from office following impeachment (and a voter-lead recall) for diversion of state money and for generally embarrassing residents of the state nearly every time he opened his mouth.|
|April 14, 1988||Soviet Union announces it will withdraw troops from Afghanistan, which will end the nine year old conflict.|
|June 28, 1988||The Defense Attache of the U.S. Embassy in Greece was killed when a car bomb was detonated outside his home in Athens.|
|July 3, 1988||The Navy's U.S.S. Vincennes mistakenly shoots down an Iranian
airliner killing 290 people.
|July 6, 1988||Long Island beaches close due to medical waste coming ashore.|
|August 1988||Iran-Iraqi war ends.|
|August 20, 1988||Fires in Yellowstone National Park burn over 160,000 acres in one day.|
|September 10-17, 1988||Hurricane Gilbert in the Caribbean & Gulf of Mexico leaves 260 dead.|
|September 27, 1988||Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson is stripped of his gold medal after testing positive for banned steroids.|
|September 29, 1988||NASA resumes Space Shuttle flights, which have been grounded since the Challenger disaster.|
|November 8, 1988||George Bush Sr. wins the presidency by a comfortable margin over
Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis.
|November 15, 1988||First and only flight of the Soviet space shuttle.|
|December 7, 1988||An earthquake in Armenia leaves over 25,000 dead.|
|December 21, 1988||Pan American Airlines Flight 103 was blown up over Lockerbie, Scotland, by a bomb believed to have been placed on the aircraft in Frankfurt, West Germany, by Libyan terrorists. All 259 people on board were killed in addition to 11 on the ground.|
|1988 No Specific Dates||- CDs outsell vinyl for the first time ever.
- Summer Olympics in Seoul, South-Korea; Ben Johnson caught for steroids after setting a World Record in the 100 meter dash.
- US advertising is permitted on Soviet TV.
- The first plutonium pacemaker is made.
- Sonny Bono becomes Mayor in Palm Springs.
- Robin Givens files for divorce from Mike Tyson.
|Hot New Toys in 1988|
Yes Master Splinter, we understand!
Powered by Class Creator