Red Hill High

Click on the picture below to read what was happening at Red Hill High School
as reported in the "Red Dust." or flip through the pages of the Red Hill Yearbook below.

The present Red Hill Elementary School is the third building on the site. Prior to the first building the majority of children in this community were educated in the home of J.N. Faris of Red Hill. Realizing the need for a larger place of instruction, the community built Red Hill Elementary School.

The original building opened in 1905 and consisted of three rooms on the first floor and an auditorum on the second floor. The school opened with three teachers with a fourth teacher added the second year. The faculty increased to six by the fall of 1918.

In January of 1920, a fire completely leveled the building. A red brick building was built in its place and opened in 1922. Two new classrooms and a library were added during the 1933-34 school year and a cafeteria was added in the 1940's.

Following a successful school-bond referendum in November 1971, an additional building was constructed at the cost of $175,000. It opened in the fall of 1972, connected to the main bulding by a walkway. It is the section of the present school known as "the pod".

In 1980 the present main building was constructed at the cost of $1,340,000. It includes a gym, eight classrooms, a library, a conference room, an audio-visual storage room, a P.E. office, a faculty lounge, a large mechanical room, a second set of restrooms, a reception area, clinic room and principal's office, and a cafetorium. This building was constructed to include "the pod" which holds five classrooms, a speech room, and a set of bathrooms.

 



agape