In Memory

Ed Snyder



Edward H. Snyder III 1949 ~ 2011 Edward H. Snyder III, an amazing husband, father, and grandfather - 61 years old, passed on peacefully in his sleep on June 25, 2011. 

Ed was born October 27, 1949 to Margaret and Edward H. Snyder Jr. in Salt Lake City, UT. He married his soulmate Dale Temple on September  21,1974 and was the father of two daughters, Sam and Liz. Ed received his B.S. in Communications from the University of Utah and with a love of diverse cultures, was a talented international businessman. He launched communications companies for Mountain Bell/US West in Russia, India, and Malaysia. After his corporate career, Ed turned to entrepreneurial endeavors in marketing, business development, and security. He was also an ordained minister and graciously joined many happy couples in matrimony. Ed was an adventurer with passions including scuba diving, skiing, camping, sailing, four-wheeling, traveling, golfing, and most recently, riding his BMW F650GS which he rode in his motorcycle gang of two with his daughter Sam. But first and foremost, Ed cared for and provided for his family. A loving and devoted husband, he adored his wife Dale. A wise and patient father, he was always there for his daughters Liz and Sam. A playful teacher, he was the ultimate grandpa to his grandchildren Jacob, Claire, Mia, and Sami. He is survived by his wife Dale; daughters Liz Snyder and Sam Cullinane (Patrick); grandchildren Jacob Cullinane, Claire Cullinane, Mia Snyder, and Sami Snyder, mother Margaret, brothers Greg (Lisa) and William (Robyn) Snyder and their families. He will be greatly missed.

Friends and family are welcome to join us in a celebration of Ed's life Thursday, June 30th, 4-7 p.m. at 1635 Harvard Ave. Ed requested his body be donated to the University of Utah School of Medicine to advance medical education and science.

Published in Salt Lake Tribune from June 29 to June 30, 2011

  Post Comment

11/13/11 04:13 PM #1    

Tom Brimhall

I met Ed when we were in the fifth grade and became best friends for life.  I didn't have much contact with Ed after college; but, did talk to him from time to time.  I last talked to Ed about a month before he passed away.

Ed had been diagnosed with cardio myopathy about five years ago.  His wife, Dale, went to work and Ed maintained the house.  He and his daughter, Samantha, toured on their motorcycles frequently.  About a week before Ed passed, Samantha and he travelled from Salt Lake to Elko NV.  The day he died in July, 2011, his wife went shopping for steaks to barbeque.  When she returned, she found Ed on a recliner with his feet up and the TV playing.  His death, while not unexpected, was still a shock to all who knew him. 

I miss him as would anyone who had lost their best friend.

  Post Comment